Saturday, April 26th, 2014 - 9:30AM
Santa Clara Fairgrounds - 344 Tully Road - San Jose, CA 95111
JOIN THE KMD SAN JOSE FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE
Join the KMD San Jose Facebook event page for the latest news and updates on your race! Click Here.
PAST KMD SAN JOSE VIDEOS & PICS
2013 PICTURES - www.zazoosh.com
2012 pictures - www.zazoosh.com
Online Pre-Registration (Until Feb. 25): $60
Online Pre-Registration (Feb. 26 to March 25): $65
Online Pre-Registration (March 26 to April 25): $70
Late On-Site Day of Event Registration: $80 (cash or credit only).
Need a Registration Discount? CLICK HERE
Need to confirm your registration or see what wave your friends signed up under - CLICK HERE
Need to make an edit to your registration, CLICK HERE
Those participants who register less than 20 days before the event won't be able to have a their first name or team name printed on the front of their bib.
The men's "D" Drag Race wave will be the first wave to go off at each event, women's waves follow after that. The # ON YOUR BIB IS YOUR WAVE #. So, if your bib number has a big ol' #1 on it, that means you are the 1st women's wave. Drag Race wave goes off at 9:30AM and then waves of 150-200 ladies go off every 10 minutes thereafter, so wave D @ 9:30AM, wave 1 @ 9:40AM, 2 @ 9:50AM, etc, etc. Wanna run with a group of friends? Just make sure you all sign up under the same wave and you'll be set; you may also list a team name if you want (i.e. The Girly Girls).
PACKET PICKUP INFO
Registration materials must be picked up by each participant with a picture I.D.; no I.D. means no registration packet! Minors may bring a birth certificate, passport, school ID, or copy of parent ID with matching last name. Participants and/or family members MAY NOT pick up packets for other athletes. If the registered athlete is unable to pick their own packet up in person, then they may make a photo copy of their I.D. and on that paper copy write a note stating who is authorized to pick their packet up for them. That authorized person is then allowed to bring that signed photo copy of the registered athletes I.D., along with their own personal photo I.D., and pickup that athlete's packet. If you register on the same day as one of the listed early packet pickup opportunities, we WILL NOT have your packet ready for pickup on that same day. If someone else registered you (i.e. you DID NOT sign up online yourself) you MUST bring a signed copy of our WAIVER (print a copy here) when you pick your registration materials up. No waiver, means no packet!
- TBA 2014 - 2-7PM: TBA
- TBA 2014 - 1-7PM: Sports Basement (Sunnyvale - 1177 Kern Ave.)
- Saturday, April 26th - 8-10:15AM: Santa Clara Fairgrounds
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- Comfortable and weather appropriate athletic apparel/clothing that you don't mind getting dirty or stained.
- Running athletic shoes (preferably an older pair).
- Photo ID (driver's license, school ID for younger participants). ID will be required to pick your packet up, it will also be required to receive your one free beer (21 and older).
- Some spending monies (cash or credit card) to hit the KMD merchandise tent and/or concessions.
- $8 cash for parking.
- Garbage bag, towels, rags...just some protective items to keep your car clean for the ride home.
HOW EARLY TO ARRIVE
We recommend you arrive 1 hour before your wave start to allow for enough time for you to park, check your gear, use the facilities, etc. Packet pickup event morning will end promptly at 10:15AM.
The Santa Clara Fairgrounds will be charging an $8 per car parking fee, so we highly suggest you carpool. Want a spot saved for you up front and center?! VIP Parking is available for $20 per car during your online race registration, limited to 50 spots. Those who have purchased VIP parking, will receive an email with a PDF file of their parking permit. Please print this VIP parking pass out and show to parking attendants on race morning along with your photo ID. Staff will be on hand to assist in directing traffic flow with parking. Parking map HERE
Have some questions regarding your KMD event? Check out our FAQ page, pretty much anything you could think to ask is answered on that page!
DRAG RACE (MEN'S WAVE)
Dude? ... DUDE! KMD is excited to announce the new "Drag Race" wave at each of our events. We're looking for up to 170 man-chicks to lead the charge for one wave at each event just ahead of the waves of women that follow. Wait... Isn't this an all WOMEN'S event? Why, YES IT IS! Whether you're donning your ChickSuit because you want to, because that's who you are, or because you lost a bet, WE DON'T CARE! This is your chance to muddy up the waters so to speak surrounded by thousands of REAL women, all for a good cause while looking the part. After you wash off the mud and strip the skirt, you can go back to whatever manly thing you do, we won't tell. This wave is VERY limited, so sign up early, your girlfriends will be so proud! Are you MAN enough to Drag Race and Kiss Me Dirty?
WHAT YOU GET (SCHWAG)
- Fashion forward event shirt
- Vinyl decal car sticker
- Finisher hand towel
- LUNA Protein bars, fruit and water at the finish line area for all participants as well as a free beer (21 and older, I.D. required).
- Free bag check area.
- Free event photos (digital downloads) from Impact-Foto.
BENEFITING GYNECOLOGICAL CANCER RESEARCH
While Kiss Me Dirty is not a charity event, we choose to donate a portion of proceeds from all participant and expo booth registrations (amounts listed below) to gynecological cancer research facilities in each of the communities we host events. We have joined with the UCSF Helen Diller Comprehensive Cancer Center to raise funds for gynecological cancer research at KMD San Jose. There are a couple ways you can make YOUR impact on cancer.
1. Register to Participate in KMD San Jose: A set amount of each registration fee (at least 5%) goes directly to the UCSF Helen Diller Comprehensive Cancer Center for gynecological cancer research. Registration available HERE
2. Start your own KMD San Jose Fundraiser or Make a Fundraiser Donation: Want to do more than just participate? Starting your own gynecological cancer research fundraiser or donating to another participants fundraiser is a GREAT way to do that. Each person that raises $200 or more will receive ONE FREE entry! You can sign up to start a fundraiser as an individual or even as a team. You set your goal amount and even get your own fundraising page. 100% of fundraising donations go to the UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center. To start your own fundraiser, join a fundraising team or donate to a fundraiser for KMD San Jose CLICK HERE. Please note when creating a team or starting a fundraising page please make sure to choose the "UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SAN FRANCISCO FOUNDATION EIN 942829914" as the organization you are fundraising for. For any questions regarding setting up a fundraiser please contact Kathleen Jose at UCSF via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-476-5863.
It's a win-win! Make Kiss Me Dirty San Jose YOUR event! YOUR cause!
FREE EVENT PHOTOS
Yep, you heard right...ALL photos from your KMD event are FREE for digital download. Impact-Foto will be catching you gals (& Dudes in Drag) at your dirtiest best, so enjoy!
408MX and the Kiss Me Dirty are pairing up at the Santa Clara Fairgrounds to bring the baddest or as we like to say "The BEST" and muddiest finish you've seen in all of obstacle course running. For one day only 408MX is swapping their riding boots for running shoes to see how you ladies can handle the whoops, turns, dips and dives with all the water 408MX can lay down before finishing in the trademarked KMD Foam Chute with 10lbs of California MUD stuck to ya. This one is sure to be the muddiest finish all of the Kiss Me Dirty events. Your cheering section may need to bring extra memory cards for their camera to capture all the muddy slop that will be falling from you "glissening" gals. Course is 5K (3.12 miles) in length. There will be drinking water aid stations at mile 1 and mile 2. Complete course map HERE.
Speed demons need not apply, awards WILL NOT be given for those who complete the course o' dirty, girly fun in the fastest time. Awards will go to the categories listed below. All awards will be presented before the start of each wave. So if you want to be eligible for a costume award for your wave, be sure to be at the starting area 10 minutes before your specified wave start time. Costume awards will be judged by athletes and spectators at the starting area. Best team name will be judged via poll on Facebook in the weeks prior to the event and winning team will receive FREE KMD entries for the following year!
- Best team name (poll taken via Facebook prior to event day)
- Best costumes (cocktail dresses, female product related outfits, etc)
- Oldest participant
- Gynecological cancer fundraisers
GEAR/BAG CHECK AREA
Worried about what your going to do with your pre-event gear/clothing, don't want to walk all the way back to your car to stash it? You are in luck. A free, secure gear storage area, sponsored by Sports Basement, will be available event morning near the finish line where you can check your belongings while you go and get a little dirty! While the area is secure, we ask that you not bring any valuables (jewelry, etc). You MUST provide YOUR OWN BAG.
Don't worry, cleaning stations will be available for all you ladies to wash the muck off for your drive home. Cleaning stations are meant to hose the giant globs of dirt off that you don't want in your car when you leave. Please don't modify the hose down stations as that will cause all of the other lines not to work. The hose down stations will generally be located near the start/finish area.
Green Sneakers will be accepting shoe donations at all Kiss Me Dirty events. By donating your muddy shoes, you are helping to provide affordable footwear to people in need around the world. Collected sneakers are distributed through reputable relief agencies in developing countries. Look for the SHOE DONATE banner near the hose down stations! www.greensneakers.org/about.html.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
We are always looking to put together excellent teams of volunteers who are willing to offer their assistance and support in order to make Kiss Me Dirty events a success. There are several time duration options for volunteering. Volunteer 6hrs, receive a FREE entry. Volunteer 4.5hrs, receive a 75% off entry. Volunteer 3hrs, receive a 50% off entry. If you are interested in volunteering at a Kiss Me Dirty event, email us at email@example.com with your contact info and event request for volunteering. All spots fill on a first-come, first-serve basis. Volunteers ROCK!
Worried about your finish time? Well, you shouldn't be! Kiss Me Dirty events are most certainly not about who finishes in the fastest time. So if you are looking for a competitive, fast running event...this is not it! Wanna know your time, bring a watch! Timing chips will NOT be distributed and results will NOT be kept.